Thursday, October 20, 2016

Author Interviews for Twisted: A Horror Anthology – R.G. Westerman

Once upon a time, a few weeks ago, I saw a thing of wonder on my Facebook feed. All authors know of this treasure - the submission request.

Yea, though I saw the submission request, and it was for... HORROR!

A horror anthology by and about women... Hey, I can do that! So I looked through my WIPs (works-in-progress) and my ideas spreadsheet (oh, yes, I do), and I found the perfect thing.

Coming out on Halloween, "Mirror, Mirror" in Twisted: A Horror Anthology!

I am participating in a blog hop type of thing with the other authors involved in this anthology to spread the interviews far and wide. So check out the interview below, as well as the other interview posts!


Name: R.G. Westerman

Short Bio: R.G. Westerman is a Self-Published Indie Author who previously worked full time as a ghostwriter. She decided she was tired of writing for everyone else and turned hands to keyboard for her own stories. Currently, she lives in Tennessee with her gorgeous husband and two genius children.

Name of Story Included in Twisted: The Spectre

Describe the mood of your story/stories: I like try to write stories which touch on the human condition in some way. At the end of the day we all fear something. I like to poke those fears with a stick and flip the rock over to see what is there.

Where did you get the inspiration for this piece? From a dream I had as a child.

What is your favorite thing about writing horror? For my short stories, I don't think I sit down with the sole intention of writing horror. I write the stories, and sometimes they end up being horror. That being said, I like a monster more than any human bad guy ever. Monsters are easy. Monsters are manageable. That's probably why I gravitate towards horror.

What are you working on now? Currently, I am finishing up the final episode of the Rising Ash Saga, Thorn, which will be available soon on Amazon. I am looking forward to NanoWrimo coming up this November. I can't say what genre I'm writing this time around, but it rhymes with bleampunk.

Other published works? The Rising Ash Saga - AshBlazeEden, and Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment