Thursday, October 6, 2016

Author Interviews for Twisted: A Horror Anthology - Lindsey Williams

Once upon a time, a few weeks ago, I saw a thing of wonder on my Facebook feed. All authors know of this treasure - the submission request.

Yea, though I saw the submission request, and it was for... HORROR!

A horror anthology by and about women... Hey, I can do that! So I looked through my WIPs (works-in-progress) and my ideas spreadsheet (oh, yes, I do), and I found the perfect thing.

Coming out on Halloween, "Mirror, Mirror" in Twisted: A Horror Anthology!

I am participating in a blog hop type of thing with the other authors involved in this anthology to spread the interviews far and wide. So check out the interview below, as well as the other interview posts!


Name: Lindsey Williams

Short Bio: Lindsey is a Jane-of-all-trades sort who is passionate about a variety of social issues. When she's not writing, she's been known to engage in numerous forms of self-torture such as participating in debates or translating things into ancient Egyptian. Some of her other hobbies include researching and/or analyzing pretty much everything to death, conducting culinary experiments, listening to really loud heavy metal while relaxing in her pool, and illeism.
She can be found at:

Names of Stories Included in Twisted: Fountain of Youth, Rancho Viejo, Scavenger Hunt, Bringing Baby Home

Describe the mood of your story/stories:
There are subversive themes in most of my work, and it definitely applies in all of my stories in Twisted. Things may seem one way, but when you give it a good think, you'll notice elements or little details that can change the way you absorb the narrative. There are always hidden questions, often left for the reader to answer themselves.

Where did you get the inspiration for this piece? I get most of my inspiration for my stories in dreams. Not sure what that says about me, but I do have some really messed up dreams...

What is your favorite thing about writing horror? I love writing horror because there are less boundaries, less rules. There is more of an expectation the material is going to be shocking or disturbing, so you can really step outside 'norms' and really explore.

What are you working on now? I'm currently trying to meet my December deadline for my series book two, Livelihood. On top of that I'm also working on 3 other shorts and a sci-fi story, Astralis, which I'm doing as a serial for free on Wattpad (LindseyWilliams83).

Other published works? The only other work I have published that's not being collected in this anthology is Motherhood, a sci-fihorror/thriller.

No comments:

Post a Comment