Thursday, October 27, 2016

Author Interviews for Twisted: A Horror Anthology – Katherine Bryant

Once upon a time, a few weeks ago, I saw a thing of wonder on my Facebook feed. All authors know of this treasure - the submission request.

Yea, though I saw the submission request, and it was for... HORROR!

A horror anthology by and about women... Hey, I can do that! So I looked through my WIPs (works-in-progress) and my ideas spreadsheet (oh, yes, I do), and I found the perfect thing.

Coming out on Halloween, "Mirror, Mirror" in Twisted: A Horror Anthology!

I am participating in a blog hop type of thing with the other authors involved in this anthology to spread the interviews far and wide. So check out the interview below, as well as the other interview posts!


Name: Katherine Bryant

Short Bio: Katherine Bryant is an author and artist hailing from Minnesota. When she is not busy writing tales of mayhem and adventure or creating miniature monstrosities from wool, she spends her time tending her menagerie and playing too many video games for her own good.
As with most humans, you can find Katherine on Facebook and Twitter, as well as her website.

Names of Stories Included in Twisted: "Taste So Good" and "Progress"

Describe the mood of your story/stories: "Taste" is both seductive and gory. "Progress" has a vibe that could be summed up as decay.

Where did you get the inspiration for this piece? "Taste" started out as practice for writing kissing scenes... but I was in a really bad mood when I wrote it, so it turned into its own monster. "Progress" came from a writing prompt.

What is your favorite thing about writing horror? I like being able to tap into that messed up part of myself and express it in a way that won't get me burned at the stake. Also, freaking people out is fun. My sweetie wouldn't let me kiss him for a week after he read "Taste So Good."

What are you working on now? Book two of my fantasy novella series "Branna's Song" and a currently untitled urban fantasy novel.

Other published works? "Branna's Song: The ColdwoodSaga" is available for pre-order on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment