Thursday, September 29, 2016

Author Interviews for Twisted: A Horror Anthology - Bartholomew Aloiscious

Once upon a time, a few weeks ago, I saw a thing of wonder on my Facebook feed. All authors know of this treasure - the submission request.

Yea, though I saw the submission request, and it was for... HORROR!

A horror anthology by and about women... Hey, I can do that! So I looked through my WIPs (works-in-progress) and my ideas spreadsheet (oh, yes, I do), and I found the perfect thing.

Coming out on Halloween, "Mirror, Mirror" in Twisted: A Horror Anthology!

I am participating in a blog hop type of thing with the other authors involved in this anthology to spread the interviews far and wide. So check out the interview below, as well as the other interview posts!


Name: Bartholomew Aloiscious

Short Bio:
Bartholomew Aloiscious lives with their spouse, four children, and many pets in Williamstown, Vermont. They enjoy family activities, reading, gaming, television and movies, and cooking.

Name of Story Included in Twisted: Blackpool Quarry

Describe the mood of your story/stories: Blackpool Quarry is dark and suspenseful, typical of an urban legend.

Where did you get the inspiration for this piece? The inspiration for Blackpool Quarry came from my daily life. My children are teenagers and my spouse works in a granite quarry.

What is your favorite thing about writing horror? My favorite thing about writing Blackpool Quarry was doing something I had never tried before. I love a challenge. I would eventually like to write in as many genres as possible.

What are you working on now? My current writing focus is on finishing the novel I have been pecking away at for years. Then I can allow the other stories floating around in my head to have the time and attention they deserve.

Other published works? I have a very short story on Amazon called Mary Anna's Journal,  and some poetry on Prose.

No comments:

Post a Comment